UPDATE!!!

AFRICAN EQUALS MORE MONEY.......


 I went to a shop to buy an item. I was about leaving when I saw this brown eye shadow that caught my attention (My love for this colour though). I went ahead to look at it, then I saw it was on sales (who doesn't like a bargain!) this even prompted me to ask for a tester. But due to my indecisive nature and because it wasn't a priority, I decided to forgo it (mehn...the current exchange rate it's not even funny).

Some days later, I decided to go back and get it with the hopes that it will come in handy, which I did. When I got to the shop, it was a different sales personnel there. I took the item to the cashier, she calculated it and told me the original price not the discount price. I asked her why?? I even told her it was on sales but she still insisted on the original price. I told her I wasn't going to buy it at that price, so I left.

Mind you, there were no conditions for the sale (like time, date etc). So I was very sure it was on sale. There was no way I was going to buy it at that price when it clearly states that, 'it was on sale'. Guess what came to my mind? hmmm..... then I said to myself, 'don't be paranoid, everything doesn't have to be about my skin colour. In an attempt to make an excuse for her, I said to myself 'maybe it's a market strategy'. But we all know there is no such thing as that.

The detective in me wouldn't let it go. So I decided to go back there, making this my third time (all in the name of eye shadow lol). This time it was also a different person there. So I took the item to the cashier and I asked her how much it was and she sold it to me at the discount price

So you can imagine my dilemma now, what was her (2nd sales personnel) assumption? 
* Do you think it was an honest mistake?
* Do you think we have a flamboyant lifestyle? (that made her conclude that we are all wealthy)

I would like to know your thoughts on this. Have you had a similar experience? If so, kindly share.

Comments

  1. Lol, this is what I experience almost every day, she simply doesn't want to sell to you, knowing fully well that the current price of the item was what actually drew your attention to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flamboyant lifestyle = Wealthy. African market mentality

    ReplyDelete
  3. You 100% right. Being African means more money.. Not all of us live dah flamboyant lifestyle so y should we all b judged all together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment