UPDATE!!!

MY SUMMER MAKE UP ESSENTIALS.


According to the calender, It says we are in summer. But apparently, Belarus seems to be operating on a different weather calender (lol). Today it feels like summer, tomorrow it feels like spring or even autumn.... I can't even be bothered because it has been a blessing in disguise. But on those days when it decides to be summer, mehn it is really hot!!!!!! And makes it almost impossible for you to wear makeup because you will literally feel your makeup melting, especially if your face was caked.
This shouldn't stop you from wearing makeup during the summer, you simply need to find out what works for your face.
 BRIEF INTRO about my skin:- My skin type is oily, a little bit sensitive and acne prone with some post acne scars. With that being said here are my summer beauty essentials.

* A face moisturizer that contains SPF.
   Well I know most Blacks would argue that it isn't necessary because of our melanin, which is quite true. But our melanin isn't enough to completely prevent sunburn and other skin related issues. So we still need the SPF but may be not in a high quantity (preferably SPF 15 to 20). If you already have hyper pigmentations, then it should be a must have for you and this face moisturizer can be used by both male and female. For me, I use a face moisturizer with SPF 35 (it quite high) but I am only using this because am currently using an acne medication that exposes me more to sunlight and I use a cream with SPF all year round.

* A primer/makeup base.
   For me this is really important not only because it reduces shine(oily girl problem) but also because it helps my makeup stay in place. For oily skin type, it is best you use a silicon based primer and for dry/combination skin, it is best you use a lotion based primer. For me I use the Inglot mattifying under makeup base. Although, it's not as mattifying as it claims but it still does the job.

* A concealer.
   This is really optional, but if you have acne scars like I do. Then you might want to use this on the affected area before applying your foundation and the good part is that a little goes a long way. I use the Mary Kay concealer in the shade bronze 2

* A light based foundation.
   This is pretty much as important as your primer. Because, the weather is really hot. It is important for you to use a foundation that has a skin finish ( it should be difficult for people to tell that you are wearing a foundation). I use the Mac Matchmaster foundation in the shade 8.0. Any light weight foundation should do.

* A setting powder and setting spray.
   You can pretty much use any powder of your choice. I use the Milani compact powder in the shade 109 warm and for the setting spray i use the Inglot makeup fixer. This helps ensure that your makeup last all day.

* A black eye pencil and lip balm.
  I like to use an eye pencil preferably black because it helps to keep my eyes from looking dull and a lip balm because my lips are always chapped. For now, I use the Nivea lip balm.

I hope this was helpful. Please leave your comments below telling me your summer beauty essentials as well as your tips and also your suggestions.
 






Comments

Post a Comment