UPDATE!!!

I DON'T NEED YOU!!!


I recently read a post on a blog about a doctor that wrongly removed the two kidneys of a man because he thought they were tumours. When I see stories like this, I instantly want to know what people are saying in the comment section with the popular comment being "Quack Doctor". bruuh.... Nigerians have no chill. They went all out on him. I really don't blame though.

There are obviously so many ways to approach this situation but I would stick to this.
 As humans we are bound to make mistakes but in medicine, you do not have that type of luxury because it would either cost you the persons life, your reputation or both. I honestly think this mistake could have been averted if only he sought the opinion or rather, opinions of other doctor/doctors more experienced in that field. You know, the saying "two heads are better than one" isn't just a fancy phrase.

My reason for saying this is simple; since he thought it was a tumour then it wasn't an emergency. He still had the opportunity to get as many opinions from his colleagues as he pleased. I understand that this might be a bit of an ego bruise because we all want to show that we know our stuff (which is great) but let's not get carried away by this, that we fail to recognize what's really important. Your ego or the person's life??? 

Personally, I have no shame in seeking someone elses opinion especially, when in doubt and this doesn't mean you know less it simply means you value the person's life enough not to make irreparable mistakes. By so doing, your dignity is intact and you don't have people questioning your intelligence.

I guess what I am trying to say is that, we all need each other at one point or the other and no one is all sufficient. So it is ok to ask for peoples opinion.

Well, this is just my #twocents# on the issue. I stand to be corrected if I am wrong. I would like to know what your thoughts are on this.

Thanks for Stopping by!!!

Comments

  1. True talk dearie,молодец)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you said, doctors can't afford to make mistakes. No one wants to use his or her life to test your intelligence that's why they use cadavers.
    Point is, as a doctor you shouldn't make mistakes. You should be so careful that it becomes a norms. That what makes you a good and trustworthy doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but you know mistakes are inevitable.That is why I said they should seek the opinion of others when in doubt.Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Well said Dear.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment