UPDATE!!!

THE PRIDE OF AN "IJEBUSITE"


Happy Sunday Guys!

Today's post is another Guest post by Abiodun, if you missed his previous post click here to read it. In this post he tells us more about the ' Ijebus' and why he's proud to be one. I hope this inspires us to speak boldly and proudly about our origin. Please don't forget to fill out my blog survey.

I  had the good fortune of being born in a town called Ijebu - Ode. Its a gem of a town. It's our own very small ideal paradise, why am I proud of a town that might be relatively unknown to many?? well this gem is located in south central part of Yoruba land, in ogun state. With a population of well over 200,000, Ijebu's are noted for being nothing than awesome as always.

The phrase 'Nigerians are always happy', if you ask me was supposedly derived from my lovely town, only an Ijebu man will complain of poverty but still rejoice with their fellow Ijebus with all the love they can muster.

I lived in Ijebu - ode for a large portion of my life, but I can tell you, I actually lived in the best town in Nigeria, our hotels are 5 starred. (if you like argue with me , Na we hotel, we love am), we can boast of fabulous restaurant and the spectacular Iya Risi's & Iya Bose's.

Our social life is second to none. Before the phrase ''lets turn up" & "TGIF" started trending, we have been living that sort of life. No matter the gloominess that troubles the town, every FRIDAY & SATURDAY is our own. We party, we celebrate & rejoice with each other not just because we can but because of the love & bond we share amongst our selves with our Agbada, Iro, Buba, & Gele. Ijebu's are the most emotional.

Our togetherness is grade 1. It's always known that the Yoruba language brings many Yoruba speaking Nigerians together. But you should see where two or more IJEBU'S are, chisos u go jealous die! the social status of an IJEBU man, a fellow " Ijebusite" is automatically a twin.

Our food, God punish devil is the best ever. Ikokore is the food that nourishes one's body, spirit, soul dare I say even one's ghost also. If ever you see an angry Ijebu man, you can pacify him with a cold eba & a plate (actually plates) of ikokore.

Our Festival; since Ijebu's can celebrate from today till yesterday, it's only natural that we celebrate with many festivals as we can. Thus the Ojude Oba, I can only describe it with one word GYRATION.

Our degree, this is what we are mostly known for, when a lady informs her people that she is dating an Ijebu man, their first question is always "Does he spend money" most people call us stingy but the truth is we believe in one word ECONOMY. An Ijebu man will tell you "why enter 1st class when you will get there with u people in economy so jo my son buy economy for me" call it stinginess we call it management. It all adds to the fun of being an Ijebu indegene.

So please if you dislike my pride in my town, please understand that it's not my fault . I just love my town and my people.

- Abiodun

I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did. 

What are the things you love about your home town? I would love to hear from you . 

Thanks for stopping by!




                                                                                                                            

Comments

  1. This post inspires me soooooo much...even though i don't know much about my hometown,still a proud indigene though! The osun people will agree with me that our pounded yam and egusi soup is badass...that I love😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... Egusi and pounded yam is bae!! You should also endeavour to know more about your hometown.Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. so right about the plates of ikokore and ojude oba....#pillarsofijebu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know much about the tribe but I like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you like it.Hopefully you learnt something new about the Ijebus.Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment