UPDATE!!!

AYAMASE/OFADA STEW AKA DESIGNER STEW..


This is actually not my first time eating this but for some reason, this particular one was so on point that I had to share it with you guys. It was prepared by my friend, Ore ('Ore' kindof means my friend, how cool is that? lol). My job was just to relax and eat this.
Fun fact:
 Ayamase stew originates from Ikene in Ogun state (It's a yoruba delicacy). I was told that it was named after a woman called 'Ayamase'. Back in the day, she used to prepare it for her friends and they would come and order this stew from her, hence the name.
To get the load down of this mouth watering recipe, continue reading.


INGREDIENTS
4 Cooking spoons of Palm oil
Iru (locust beans) very essential
Assorted meat ( Beef, chicken, Gizzard, shaki)
Chicken stock
1 tablespoon of Crayfish - Grounded Crayfish
1 teaspoon of Salt
2 cubes of Maggi
2 Onion bulbs
Red Tomatoes
Red Bell Pepper
Red Cayenne Pepper
1 teaspoon of dried pepper and red pepper(depending on how you like it)

NB:
Habenero pepper or scotch bonnet is the norm. I couldn't get them, so I opted for cayenne pepper hence the need for dried pepper. You won't be needing the dried pepper if you use scotch bonnet.


PROCEDURE
Blend the tomatoes, peppers and onions. Pour into a pot and boil well. (Avoid using water to blend if possible or just use a little) once the water in it has dried, set aside. Your assorted meat should have boiled adequately and kept aside.

Heat up a pot and add the palm oil. Bleach ( i.e, the oil becomes clearer or pale ) for about 2 minutes. Add the locust beans and allow to fry, along with the onions. Pour your locust beans and allow to fry along with the onions. Pour your tomatoes & pepper (already blended and boiled) and cook well.

Once it is properly dried, Add your meat stock(you can add a little water, if you think it's too thick). Add your salt and maggi to taste and allow to cook for a little before adding the assorted meat. Allow to steam for 5 minutes or more and YAY!!! we are done!!!
Serving with rice and dodo will make your head ring....LoI!!!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post. If you have tried this before or if you're going to try this recipe.I would love to know. Drop your comments below.

Thanks for stopping by

Comments

  1. There is God o. Me I don't want recipe kan kan. I want to relax and eat aswell. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! we both like to relax and eat... Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. When and where can I get some...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment