UPDATE!!!

ADALU:BEANS X CORN

Hello Beautiful people!

How was the weekend and hope everybody is doing fine?
I wasn't really a beans-eater before but lately I have been eating this a lot. It's not like I am trying to grow tall or something because I have passed that phase lol!! But because I have some friends that are die hard lovers of beans; that made me start liking it too. I guess I have subconsciously joined the ministry.... I still love my rice though but right now am trying to cut down on my carbohydrate intake, so this is just one of the ways I incorporate protein in my diet.
For this meal, I decided to jazz it up with corn. If you haven't tried it, then you should totally do so. It can be served with bread, garri, plantain, yam ,potatoes and so on.


                                                             INGREDIENTS
  • 2.5 Cups of beans
  • 2 Cans of sweet corn (680g)
  • 2 Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 Onion bulb
  • 1 Bell Pepper
  • 4 Table spoons of Palm Oil
  • 1 Table spoon of Red pepper
  • 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
  • 1 Teaspoon of Salt
  • 2 seasoning Cubes
  • 1 Table spoon of Crayfish

               

                                                               PROCEDURE
Step 1:To a pot containing your already picked and washed beans, add hot water until it reaches the level of the beans also add the onions and allow to cook until tender. Top up the water when necessary.

Step 2: Add the chopped pepper, dried pepper, crayfish, seasoning cubes, palm oil, salt & stir. Leave to boil until there is little or no water left.

Step 3: Add the corn, stir and allow to simmer on low heat.


Voila!  It's ready to be served..

PS: I used sweet corn to speed up the process but feel free to use freshly boiled corn.

Have you tried beans and corn and what do you like your beans served with? I will love to hear from you....

See you later!!! Ciao

Comments