UPDATE!!!

MY CURRENT FACIAL SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN FT ACNE.ORG



A good facial skincare is something everyone should have. Infact, it's a must have whether you have a problematic skin or not and especially if you are someone that wears makeup. This is not to say that people who don't wear make up don't need it. Everyone does. Even guys!! don't quote me though.
Like I mentioned in my Acne journey, Click here to read it. I have always had a facial skincare routine. It's just one of those things that came naturally coupled with the fact that my secondary school was an all girls school.....
A facial skincare together with a healthy lifestyle helps give your skin the much needed glow. And for all my fellow make up lovers, your makeup would instantly begin to look flawless. who wouldn't like that??
Before now, my skin care routine used to consist of a lot of products. But as the years went by, I  found out that the less amount of products I use, the better. That way I am able to know which product is working and which isn't. I usually switch up my routine over a period of time because it gets to a point where your skin gets too used to the products you are using that it begins to have no significant effect on it.
My current facial skin care is very minimal and is geared towards fighting acne and black spots. It consist of Dudu Osun soap, Acne.org treatment (Benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy acid) and a face moisturizer. I do not use a toner or other products so as not to interfere with the acne.org regimen but bear in mind that a facial skin care routine should consist of the basics which are a face wash, toner, facial scrub and a moisturizer.

Now to how and why I use these products:

Face wash -Dudu Osun ( Black soap)


This still remains my favourite soap for cleansing my face and has become a staple for me. I also like that it lathers and cleanses well. It doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. This soap can be used on the entire body but I would advise that you have a different soap for your body.

Benzoyl peroxide - Acne. org Regimen


This is the what I use in treating my acne. I apply this after washing my face, on a dry skin of course. I will do a detailed review of the Acne.org regimen so be on the look out for it.

Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA)  - Acne.org Regimen


This is a lotion that also serves as a chemical exfoliant. In my opinion this is way better, as opposed to the usual mechanical exfoliants like facial scrubs etc. because this helps reduce the irritations that may arise as a result of using a harsh facial scrub. And at the same time, it still hydrates and fades dark spots. This product is also non-comedogenic ( it won't clog your pores).

A Face Moisturizer


Whichever face moisturizer you use should contains SPF, because the alpha hydroxy acid increases your sensitivity to sun rays so this helps prevent sun burns or worsening of the dark spots. I usually mix this with the AHA and I apply them both at once.

This is the same for my morning and night routine. Although on most nights, I tend to just use only my black soap.

I hope this post was helpful to you?

Do you have a facial skincare routine? And what products can't you do without? Please do leave your comments below....

Thanks for stopping by!!!


Comments

  1. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. Acne Therapies

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment