UPDATE!!!

OGBONO - OKRO SOUP


Eid Mubarak everyone!
Welcome back to my blog. Today's post is about the Ogbono okro soup which is actually one of my favourite.Well I know, I pretty much say every food is either one of my favourites or actually my favourite  but hey! what can I do... ehmm, welcome to my life. lol!!!
The Ogbono okro soup is very similar to the normal okro soup.The only difference is the okro that is been added to it. This takes it to a whole new level. If you haven't tried it out, I highly suggest you do.

                                                           Ingredients
2 Cooking spoons of grounded Ogbono
2 Cooking spoons of Palm oil
15 pieces Okro (Okra)
Assorted meat (Beef, cow leg, shaki, chicken)
4 Cayenne Pepper
1 Opeyi (locust beans)
1 Table spoon of grounded Red pepper
1 Teaspoon of  grounded Black pepper
1 Table spoon of Crayfish
Ugwu ( pumpkin leaves)
2 Maggi cubes
1 Onion
Salt to taste


                                                          Procedure
Step 1: In a pot containing shaki, beef, chicken and cow leg, season and allow to boil for about 30 minutes and set aside.
Step 2: Heat up the Palm oil in a pot for 2 minute, add the sliced onions stir. Then add the chopped pepper. Stir continuously on medium heat for some minutes and set aside to cool.
Step 4: To the above mixture, add the grounded Ogbono and mix properly
Step 5; Add the crayfish, pepper, opeyi , maggi, salt and stir
Step 6; Add the meat stock, mix properly. then place on the cooker and allow to boil on medium heat.
Step 7: Now add the sliced okro and leave to boil for 10 minutes or more.


Step 8: Finally add the ugwu, stir and allow to cook for 2 minutes.

Viola! your soup is ready to be served.

Have you tried the okro Ogbono soup? Do you have a different way of preparing yours? Please share, I would love to hear from you

PS:
I had previously boiled the cow leg and shaki separately before boiling it together with the beef because it takes a while to become tender.



Comments