UPDATE!!!

Y O L O


In case your wondering what Y O L O means it simply means you only live once. Sounds cliche right?!.....but its true after all. Growing up, my siblings and I weren't allowed to play outside. My dad always wanted us to read our books (guess it's common with most parents) but my brothers had a way of sneaking out and they never really bothered about getting caught. Even if they were caught, they would deny it smoothly (sharp guys.....lol!).
Mine was quite different because I wasn't ready to risk it. I was so scared of getting caught besides that, the play, adventure and enjoyment wasn't worth the strokes of cane/belt and also you screaming like a mad child (but my brothers felt it was worth it). Even when I gathered the guts and joined them and was caught, I found it hard to lie but that is not to say i can't lie. Even though am not that good at it because we all know that there are some professionals in the game and by that i mean the ones that would look you straight in the eyes and lie or the ones who you just caught red handed and would make you question yourself if truly they were the ones you saw (at least i sabi lie small) but the reverse is the case with my dad. I just couldn't!!!!  It's as if he could see through my soul and was able to tell when i was lying, so i missed out on the fun and that partly contributed to the way I am (an indoor person who has a little issues with socializing).
  I was talking to my brother on phone and mid way into our conversation, he asked me "are u alive?!!!". I kind of already knew where he was headed, not being the first to say something similar. Normally, one would not expect me to get angry because I have heard it before ......hmmn!! but my dear it still made me angry. I could feel my temperature rising, it took the grace of God to keep my cool (as a girl who is "hyper" or should I say likes to "para"). He went on using Facebook as an example, then he said all you do is just to like when are you actually going to comment or update your status. Then he concluded by saying I shouldn't just be alive but I should be living as well (Are you kidding Me???!!! So this boy has been monitoring me? MO GBE!! I wonder if he's the only one that has observed it, his advice was noted anyways). I was happy we were through with that.
  Later on I thought about it I knew he had a point, but  i wasn't complaining or at least not yet so i decided to make a little adjustment not that I'm trying to change who i am (that would be a big NO). I'm comfortable with my life, which brings me to my point. Some of us depending on our field of study are virtually going to be studying throughout our lives, there will be no perfect time for us to do something else that is not work related or school related like fun stuffs, acquiring new skills,doing something you have always wanted to try or maybe hanging out with friends and so on as the case maybe. But lets not forget the key word "MODERATION" as I am sure every one is familiar with this word. We all have our top priorities but we should try to create room for recreational stuffs and since we all know that all work and no play makes jack a dull boy. Besides that, having little fun helps you to ease stress. which happens to be a good form of relaxation and would even improve your productivity. When we look back on our lives we would be proud to say, we lived life to the fullest and by fullest i don't mean a reckless life because in as much as you only live once (YOLO) you also only die once (YODO)..
  As Dr Sid will say "You only live once so enjoy your life as I dey enjoy my life ooo" YOLO!!!



















Comments

Post a Comment