UPDATE!!!

THINGS I DON'T WANT TO SEE HAPPENING IN 2017 (LEAVE IT IN 2016)...


Let me use this opportunity to welcome you again into the new year. #Our year of breaking boundaries# you can insert your caption there.... 2016 was a remarkable year for Nigeria if you know what I mean but despite all the challenges we are still smiling (the strength of a Nigerian...lol).
Now to the purpose of this post, there were so many things that happened in 2016 that were quite disturbing and I think shouldn't repeat themselves in 2017. This is just my opinion and as such I do not expect everyone to agree with me. I am only going to mention a few so feel free to add your's in the comment section.

Economic instability/corruption: The economic instability of 2016 can be attributed to different factors. 2016 in retrospect, was all about fighting corruption. The fight against corruption is honestly not a bad move, but It only becomes a problem when it seems like he (Mr president) has decided to make corruption he's sole purpose. like that is not the only reason why you were elected. I want to see changes in all aspects of the economy plus I am yet to see what the money gotten from the fight against corruption has been used for so what has he been fighting??? I suggest the fight against corruption should be done along side other important issues i.e (improving the economy and so on) whether you like it or not corruption is a canker worm that has eaten deep into the fabric of the nation so to successfully eradicate this, it would take you years which you don't have and also there are pressing issues at the moment that should be dealt with.

People taking laws into their hands: Can you remember the young boy that was burnt alive because he stole? (Am not exactly sure of what he stole because I kept on hearing different things/stories). Some were even trying to justify such barbaric act by saying he stole a huge stuff. I am not trying to say that he shouldn't be punished, far from that! If he stole, then he should be punished (NOT BURNT!). But only after the accusation has been verified by the appropriate officials like the police. Please let's allow them do their job that is what they get payed for. This jungle justice has to stop!!!!!

Airing your dirty laundries: I really do not want to see our politicians bringing their personal issues to the public e.g (Mr president and his wife). Can you remember what they displayed last year? To whom much is given, much is expected . Our celebrities do this enough, we don't want the same from our politicians.

Domestic abuse: Well even though I know this will keep happening, I am still going to include it with the hope that it would die down eventually. I strongly believe that nobody should remain in an abusive relationship/marriage be it male or female for any reason. If not for anything, but for the sake of those who have lost their lives to it. Don't wait until you are disabled before you realize it because then it will be too late.

These are just some of the things I would really like to be a thing of the past. Now over to you, what are the things you wouldn't like to see in 2017? Leave your comments below.

I won't be posting until February because of my exams, so please bear with me. But for the time being, you can check out my previous posts.

And as always thanks for taking out time to visit the blog. Your effort is appreciated......see you in February by God's grace.




Comments

  1. Nice..Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like always, its a classic. #HappyNewYear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, they're actually not happening anymore,rather they upgraded, like changing the capital of Nigeria from Abuja to London.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Join this online community to be informed about the social evils plagueing the Indians in the form of Fight Corruption, Bribe, Corruption in India.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment